Consistently ranked among the best experiences of our conference, this series of participatory, inspiring conversations will address challenging topics in your area of expertise. Participants are able to choose their own conversations and collaborate with the brightest minds in their fields to explore new ideas on common issues.
Head to the room that has the topics that interest you most, sit anywhere and our trained facilitators will you give you (very brief!) instructions on how Table Talks will work.
This session is designed for:
- Everyone! There's something for everyone at the ONA19 Table Talks sessions
- Andy Carvin, Senior Fellow, DFRLab, The Atlantic Council - How do we remain resilient when so much of our work has the potential of being traumatic?
- David Cohn, Senior Director, Alpha Group, Advance Digital - Fuck New York, I work somewhere else: Working remotely
- Audrey Cooper, Editor in Chief, San Francisco Chronicle - Changing legacy organizations and their management culture
- Everdeen Mason, Senior Audience Editor, The Washington Post - Influencing culture change around audience development in the newsroom
- Claire Wardle, Director, First Draft - Ethical challenges of reporting in an age of disinformation
- Dan Gillmor, Co-founder, ASU News Co/Lab - How journalism can meet the challenge of an attack on the foundations of our republic
- Gabriella Schwarz, Global Head of Content, Flipboard - The role of journalists at tech companies
- Cory Bergman, Co-founder, Factal - Adjacent market opportunities for news organizations
- Sharon Chan, VP, Innovation, Product & Development, Seattle Times - Hybrid business models for news organizations that combine for-profits and nonprofits
- Paul Cheung, Director / Journalism + Technology Innovation, Knight Foundation - Fundraising in digital media
- Evan Smith, CEO and Co-founder, The Texas Tribune - How to start a digital news org
- Christopher Wink, CEO, Technical.ly - Local news business models
- Tyree Worthy, Publisher, NOLA Messenger - Streams of revenue, business management, and choosing the right employee
Everdeen Mason - Senior Audience Editor, The Washington Post
@EverdeenMason | https://www.washingtonpost.com/people/everdeen-mason/?utm_term=.6f63ebb785c5
Melisa Goh - Head of Planning, AJ+