Consistently ranked among the best experiences of our conference, this series of participatory, inspiring conversations will address challenging topics in your area of expertise. Participants are able to choose their own conversations and collaborate with the brightest minds in their fields to explore new ideas on common issues.
Head to the room that has the topics that interest you most, sit anywhere and our trained facilitators will you give you (very brief!) instructions on how Table Talks will work.
This session is designed for:
- Everyone! There's something for everyone at the ONA19 Table Talks sessions
- Andy Carvin, Senior Fellow, DFRLab, The Atlantic Council - How do we remain resilient when so much of our work has the potential of being traumatic?
- David Cohn, Senior Director, Alpha Group, Advance Digital - Fuck New York, I work somewhere else: Working remotely
- Melissa Daniels, Reporter, Report for America - Mindfulness in the Newsroom: Practical Tips and Other Self-Care
- Fernando Diaz, Editor and Publisher, The Chicago Reporter - Changing legacy organizations and their management culture
- Dan Gillmor, Co-founder, ASU News Co/Lab, How journalism can meet the challenge of an attack on the foundations of our republic
- Everdeen Mason, Senior Audience Editor, The Washington Post - Influencing culture change around audience development in the newsroom
- Luisa Ortiz Perez, Executive Director & Co-Founder, vita-activa.dot.org - How to combat the effects of online violence and create a safe environment for women journalists to work
- Alison Schary, Attorney, Davis Wright Tremaine LLP - Legal issues in digital media
- Liz Worthington, Director of Content Strategy, American Press Institute - How to arm journalists with analytics without weaponizing the results
- Cory Bergman, Co-founder, Factal - Adjacent market opportunities for news organizations
- Sharon Chan, VP, Innovation, Product & Development, Seattle Times - Hybrid business models for news organizations that combine for-profits and nonprofits
- Katherine Goldstein, Creator and Host, The Double Shift - The ups and downs of starting a successful podcast, from the perspective of an independent creator
- Fernando Moreno, Chief Operations Officer, Spanish Public Radio - How to create and use an asset based model for journalists and organizations
- Alice Rhee, Managing Editor, Strategic Partnerships & Growth, American Journalism Project - Philanthropy and local news
- Christopher Wink, CEO, Technical.ly - Local news business models
- Tyree Worthy, Publisher, NOLA Messenger - Streams of revenue, business management, and choosing the right employee
Editor and Publisher, The Chicago Reporter