Close your conference with some local color and hear from some of the most important and innovative voices making journalism in the print, broadcast and digital space across Louisiana and beyond at the ONA19 Local Showcase!
This session is designed for:
- Newsroom leaders looking to understand the local market
- Journalists interested in learning about new projects and initiatives
- Anyone who cares about vibrant journalism in the New Orleans area
- 1130a: WWL | Tom Planchet - The Saints, covering the NFC Champs debacle and video and photos restrictions in sports
- 1145a: New Orleans Messenger | Tyree Worthy, Publisher
Launching into Gentilly, unforeseen issues and keeping the commitment without missing a beat
- 1200p: The Lens | Marta Jewson, Reporter
Schools investigation: Charter renewal, state assessment and graduation eligibility scandals point to pervasive cheating and mismanagement
- 1215p: Mississippi Today | Lauchlin Fields, Web Editor
Engagement team and strategy: a 10-point strategy to promote the work of our newsroom
This session will be followed by Regional Showcase: Local News Highlights 2, also in Rhythms I, at 230p.