Close your conference with some local color and hear from some of the most important and innovative voices making journalism in the print, broadcast and digital space across Louisiana and beyond at the ONA19 Local Showcase!
This session is designed for:
- Newsroom leaders looking to understand the local market
- Journalists interested in learning about new projects and initiatives
- Anyone who cares about vibrant journalism in the New Orleans area
- 230p AL.com | Rebecca Walker Benjamin, Managing Producer
Reckon Women: A space for women in Alabama and the South
- 245p ISeeChange | Julia Kumari Drapkin, CEO and Founder
What's working and what's not in local news, and providing a unique solution
- 300p WDSU | Erin Lowrey, Digital Media Manager
Hurricane Barry: Providing critical information, easing anxiety, and combating storm fatigue
- 315p: The Advocate | Kyle Whitfield, Digital Director
How local newsrooms like us can demonstrate digital subscription value to readers in the land of free (and talented) competitors
This session is preceded by Regional Showcase: Local News Highlights 1, also in Rhythms I, at 230p.
Digital Media Manager, WDSU - TV