If you can’t join us in New Orleans for ONA19, there are numerous ways for you to follow along with the conference and capture valuable resources and inspiration to share with your newsroom. Please note that all times on the schedule are listed in Central Time.
ONA on Air
Now in its second year, our podcast ONA on Air will share snippets from popular sessions, interviews with attendees and other stories from the conference. The feed will be available on SoundCloud, Apple Podcasts and Stitcher, with new episodes delivered during and after the conference.
There are a lot of ways for you to follow and join conversations on social media during ONA19.
ONA is @online_news on Instagram, and ONA19 social team member Mary Willson is serving as your digital host on the platform. Follow along to catch fun, visual coverage and share your experience with us by tagging the account and including the hashtag #ONA19.
- Follow @ONAconf and @ONA on Twitter for updates from the ONA team.
- Follow @ONANewsroom for stories by the Student Newsroom and Innovation Lab.
- Lists galore! Check out Twitter lists of the Social Team, Audio Team, Video Team, Student Newsroom and the Newsroom mentors.
- Follow #ONA19 for conference highlights and #OJA19 for the Online Journalism Awards.
- Session-specific hashtags are noted on the ONA19 schedule, available on the conference website and mobile app.
- Check out the “Social Conversation” section of individual session pages to find liveblogs by the ONA19 social team. Feel free to join the discussion and ask questions! You can also follow them on Twitter for their highlights as conversations unfold.
- Connect with us on Facebook and YouTube to watch takeaways from the ONA19 Video Team — they will post interviews with speakers and exciting moments from the Opening Night Reception and Online Journalism Awards.
- All sessions with the screen icon on the schedule will be available on Facebook Live, where you can use the comments section to discuss with other viewers.
Livestream or watch later
Select sessions will be available to watch remotely in real time. Check out the ONA19 Live page to see the schedule for our livestream coverage and RSVP to receive a notification when the session begins. If you’re browsing the ONA19 schedule, you can also find these sessions by looking for the screen icon. Video recordings will be available as soon as the session concludes. Simulcasts will also be available through ONA profiles on Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Student Newsroom and Innovation Lab
Members of the ONA19 Student Newsroom will act as onsite reporters covering the conference and producing multimedia packages with the guidance of experienced industry mentors.
Honoring the best in digital journalism
On Sept. 14, we will announce the winners of the 2019 Online Journalism Awards. Livestreaming will start at 8 p.m. CT — RSVP to get a notification when the show starts. You can also follow along and cheer for your favorites using the hashtag #OJA19.
Catching up after the conference
Stay tuned after the conference as we continue to share resources, including audio recordings and presentations and notes from the speakers.
- Audio recordings of select sessions will be available after the conference. Look for the speaker volume icon on the ONA19 schedule to see which sessions we’re recording.
- Bookmark the resources page — check back a couple of weeks after the conference, and we will continue to update it as materials become available.
- Make sure you are signed up to receive the ONA Weekly newsletter, where we will highlight individual resources and connect you to opportunities to get involved in ONA programs and digital journalism communities near you yearround.
The ONA on Air podcast will continue releasing episodes after the conference, so subscribe! In addition to highlights from the conference, the audio team will also produce a special series around ONA’s 20th anniversary that will keep the celebratory spirit going after you leave New Orleans. The podcast is available via SoundCloud, Apple Podcasts and Stitcher.