Each year more than 150 volunteers contribute specialized and general support to help ONA pull off one of the industry’s premier events. We’re producing a series to celebrate some of our amazing conference volunteers, who bring the ONA spirit to life in a number of crucial roles. Say hello when you see them at the conference!
After a successful first season, the ONA on Air podcast returns to ONA19 with a newly-expanded Audio Team. Chair Erika Aguilar is joined this year by Co-Chair Olivia Allen-Price, who will serve as editor of all episodes released during the conference while Erika focuses on a series of episodes related to ONA’s 20th anniversary.
During ONA19, the Audio Team will talk to ONA founders, long-time members, conference speakers, attendees, volunteers and staff to gather stories about ONA’s first 20 years and how digital journalism has evolved. These episodes will be released throughout the Fall as ONA continues to celebrate our anniversary. We’re excited to have added an additional five volunteer roles to produce these episodes.
Special thanks to our ONA19 sponsors, including:
In addition to producing ONA on Air, the Audio Team will also be collecting full-length recordings of conference sessions to bring to the ONA community. Session recordings will be available via Soundcloud — as well as through the listing on the ONA19 resources page — as they become available.
Meet the Audio Team
- Erika Aguilar, Podcast Producer and Anchor, KQED – Team Chair
- Olivia Allen-Price, Host and Editor of Bay Curious, KQED – Team Co-Chair
- Amanda Font, Audio Archivist, KQED Public Radio
- Andrea Gutierrez, Apprentice News Clerk, The Frame, KPCC
- Austin Fast, Graduate Student, Arizona State University
- Ben Ellman, Radio Producer, Freelance
- Michael O’Connell, Podcast Producer, It’s All Journalism
- Naina Rao, Radio reporter/producer, Freelance
- Rachel Wise, Southeast Regional Editor for Video/Audio, McClatchy
- Stephanie Serrano, Multimedia Bilingual Journalist, KUNR Public Radio