Each year more than 150 volunteers contribute specialized and general support to help ONA pull off one of the industry’s premier events. We’re producing a series to celebrate some of our amazing conference volunteers, who bring the ONA spirit to life in a number of crucial roles. Say hello when you see them at the conference!
The Video Team has been a staple at the conference for many years, and this year is no different as they focus on creating additional resources for conference attendees and remote viewers.
Team Chair Andrew Stanfill is returning for a fifth year and is joined by Jasmine Goldband, who will assist as a team editor. The team of seven plans to replicate the success of ONA18’s interview with Delaney Tarr, a Parkland High School graduate and gun-control activist, by conducting more sit-down interviews with speakers.
This year the team will have access to a suite of DSLR and mirrorless cameras, thanks to a generous donation from Sony. Keep an eye out for their videos on the ONA YouTube channel and the ONA Facebook page.
Special thanks to our ONA19 sponsors, including:
Meet the Video Team
- Andrew Stanfill, Deputy Photo Editor, The New York Times Editing Center – Team Chair
- Jasmine Goldband, Photo Editor, Houston Chronicle
- Christian Monterrosa, Freelance Photojournalist
- Iliana Hagenah, Associate Producer, CBS News
- Mahlia Posey, Digital Video Producer, PBS Newshour
- Melissa Prax, Multimedia Reporter – Culture, Newsy
- Raquel Dillon, Reporter/Editor/Producer, KQED News