Join us in congratulating the 13 community leaders receiving scholarships to attend ONA19! New this year, the ONA/Google News Initiative Local Community Leader Scholarship recognizes diverse leaders creating the environment for positive change in local news communities beyond their own newsrooms.
These leaders will receive complimentary registration to the conference and an expenses-paid trip to New Orleans, where they also will participate in community leadership training at the ONA Local Summit.
Get to know these community leaders:
- Aleeda Crawley, Partnership Director, e.thePeople
- Alessandro Cappai, Journalist, Freelance
- Cherise Seucharan, Reporter, Star Vancouver
- Dana Rieck, News Editor, Missouri Lawyers Media
- Evan Washington, Journalist/Writer, Freelance
- Imani Mixon, Detroit-Based and Embraced Writer
- Julie Zeglen, Technical.ly Managing Editor, Technically Media
- Lauren Aguirre, Digital Producer, The Arizona Republic/azcentral.com
- Natalia Gutierrez Avila, Communications and Strategy Coordinator, El Día Después
- Natalie Van Hoozer, Program Assistant, ICFJ; U.S. Ambassador, SembraMedia
- Susan Gonzalez, Digital Producer, National News Organization, E.W. Scripps
- Venice Buhain, Editorial Director, The Seattle Globalist
- Vignesh Ramachandran, Web Producer, ProPublica Illinois