The ONA19 Suggestion Box is our public call for pitches to the conference. Our community fuels the majority of conversations that happen at the conference, so we want to hear from you! What trends and issues are discussed daily in your newsroom? What conversations are being overlooked?
The Suggestion Box is open through March 21, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. ET. Anyone can pitch, and you can share as many ideas as you like.
Submit your suggestion
Looking for tips? We have resources for you.
Attendees aren’t required to sign up for a specific track, but we loosely group sessions in particular areas to ensure we cover the most important and timely topics in digital journalism, and help you find conversations relevant to you at the conference.
If you’re looking for inspiration, think about a creative way to tackle one of the topics we’re organizing for ONA19.
- Audience metrics and development. These sessions will look at the latest in measuring community engagement, as well as what opportunities exist for growth.
- Emerging technology. Artificial intelligence, immersive content and other technology still being adopted in most newsrooms are discussed throughout our conference. These sessions help news leaders understand which trends may be worth investing in — and which they can pass on for now.
- Leadership development. Core to the ONA community, we offer robust leadership discussions that can’t be found elsewhere and are often cited as a critical need across the field.
- Revenue, business models and entrepreneurship. This track is aimed at all things business, including subscriptions, sponsored content, sales and marketing and issues unique to start-ups.
- Innovative news storytelling. What are you testing in your newsroom for sharing your best work? What trends seem to be resonating with your community? Big or small, interesting new ideas for informing the public are welcome here.
- Mission, ethics and work culture. These sessions will focus on digital ethics, core values for newsrooms and workplace culture issues such as inclusivity or self care.
- Product design and development. This track digs into the technical side of content production. Everything related to the full product development cycle fits here.
- Reporting and verification tools. This track focuses on the process of newsgathering. Are there interesting new apps for podcast production? Communities on social media that often signal interesting new ideas? Iterations on verifying suspect information?
If your idea doesn’t quite fit under one of these topics, don’t worry — we want to hear what we might have missed, so tell us about it anyway!
For more guidance on submitting to the Suggestion Box, check out the FAQs or email us with more questions: email@example.com.